Address: 1 Castle Street, Cesvaine, Cesvaines district
Phone: +371 64852225, +371 20258852
E-mail: @ turisma.info cesvaine.lv
Opening hours: daily from 10:00 to 19:00
students - 0.50Ls
Family - 2.00 Ls
1390th year Cesvaine Riga Archbishopric was built in the castle wall.
At the end of 15th century (1479.year) conquered the Castle of Livonian
Order, but the late 16th century (1577.y) it took Russian troops.
1625th year while the Swedes took it.
Currently, from the old castle gates remained only place situated in the new Cesvaines palace on the west side.
New Cesvaines castle built by Baron Adolf Gerhard Emil von Boris
Woolf order late 19th century as a hunting castle. Its architects
were Hans Otto Friedrish Julius and Grisebach August Dinklāge from
In terms of architecture - rubble beder, which is
mainly used in the construction of the Renaissance era form, but
also art nouveau moods. Neo renaissance inside the castle-style
interior - staircase, dining room ceiling
From 1919 Cesvaines palace was located in a local school. 2002nd
On December 5 Cesvaines castle partially burned huge fire. The
school now has a new building, but the castle is being gradually
Opposite the castle is a long farm house, where in the past were
horse stables, feed housing and of course the groom lives places. Building
built so that the courtyard is formed, which was a pond - for horse swiming.
Near the castle is a tea house, which were once castles and manors
were an integral part. Tea house is baroque shaped canopies.
To ensure the palace with water from the broken stones were built in pump house, which was deep and the pump well.
Last Updated ( Sunday, 28 November 2010 )